St. Mira’s College has an active Placement Cell. The cell facilitates as a coordinating body between the industry and students. The raison d'être of our institution is to assist our students in achieving their dreams of successful careers in a challenging and ever-diversifying industry.
The Placement Cell enables students to explore the world of employment and new career avenues. It also helps students in career planning through counseling wherein they hone their strengths in terms of their interests, aptitudes, and abilities so that they can choose their career more effectively.
The focus of the Placement Cell is also on the professional development by training them in employability skills such as resume building, group discussion, and interview skills which in turn helps the students to move into the desired occupation and/or apply to prestigious postgraduate and professional schools.
The Placement Cell takes the initiative to explore new career avenues for graduates and postgraduates through visits to new companies and unexplored sectors. Campus recruitments are rigorously organized every year.
Pre-placement activities as well as Placement Internships are arranged for students. The selection process generally starts with a pre-placement talk to give insights into the company profile, job profile, career path, CTC etc. This is followed by the actual selection process i.e. written tests, group discussions, interviews etc.
Pre Placement Activities
- Guest Lectures, Aptitude Tests, Group Discussions
- Soft Skill training, Mock interviews
- Invite companies for conducting placement drives.
- Informing students about Company background and job profiles
- Develop network with HR Personnel of companies.
- Engage with Alumni Association
- Maintain Database of students.
- Follow-up with the companies for joining formalities
Placement Cell Hierarchy
- To place the students in their areas of interest in organizations/institutes.
- To develop a bridge between the College and Industry.
- To guide the students in development of soft skills.
- To increase awareness amongst students about placements.
- To create more opportunities and skill sets with the help of credit courses.
Placement and Career Counseling Cell Activities - 2017
The Placement Cell of St. Mira’s College has been actively involved in bringing about a match between the requirements of various companies and the students’ interests, their abilities and potentials.
The success of the Placement Cell lies in placing the right candidates, in the right jobs, at the right time.
The first half of the academic year had many orientations, on-campus and off-campus placement drives.
Guest Lectures and Orientations
- The Teach for India Fellowship Program is an opportunity for the youth to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools. The placement cell in collaboration with the Department of English had organized an orientation on 7th August 2017for the students across all streams.
- Edwise Overseas Education Consultants providessolutions for all international study needs. An orientation was organized on 12th September 2017 for the students across all streams where students of BA, BCom and BBA participated. 3 students, 1 from BCom and 2 from BA got an opportunity to participate in the Deakin interactive week to acquirea full scholarship for higher education at Deakin University, Australia. One of the students got selected for the 2nd round to be conducted in Delhi in June 2018.
- The Naandi Foundation – Mahindra Pride School Skilling Project was introduced in St. Mira’s College for BBA, BCA, and B.Sc. (CS) students. Students participated in a soft skill training program with them.
Placement and Internship Drive
- Intelligence Plus Pvt. Ltd. is an educational institute which offers internship programs and placement to graduates and undergraduates. Two of our SYBA and four of our BBA students got selected for the internship.
- Just Being Centre provides mindfulness-based therapies. It offers internship programs and placement to graduates and undergraduates. Four of our students got selected for the internship out of which one student was offered a full-time job post completion of the TYBA examination.
- Centre for Mental Health Services in collaboration with Teach for India, provides training and internship programs to graduate and undergraduate students. 12 SYBA students and 4 TYBA students got selected for the same.
- Aninternship program was introduced for BA(History) and B.SC.(CS) students by the company Tick-links.
- Placement drives of L&T Infotech,Mphasis,Deloitte, Cognizant,Syntel,and Adweb Software were conducted on-campus and off-campus.
Lecture on‘Corporate Expectations’
The Placement Cell organized a lecture on ‘Corporate Expectations’, on 11th January, 2020 for the students across streams. The Guest Speaker was Mr. Prashant Somani, Corporate Trainer, PIBM, Pune. Mr. Somani spoke about different kinds of jobs that are expected in the world of Information Technology and how the students as potential employees should get ready for these changes.
The session was an interactive with students being inquisitive on the working and life at the corporate world.
TCS: Pre-Placement Talk Batch 2019-2020
The Placement Cell organized a pre-placement talk for the Company TCS on December 18, 2019 for all the final year students across all streams. The session was conducted by Mr. Amit Kanade and Mr. Nilesh Sonu, members, TCS HR team since the last 7 years.
The students were provided with details on work environment and employee policies of TCS. It was an interactive session with queries onthe placement process, hiring policies and compensation offered.
Placement Cell - Soft Skills Session, 10th August 2019
The Placement Cell of St. Mira’s College organized a session on Soft-Skill Development for all final year students on 10thAugust 2019.The topic for the session was S.P.O.T. Yourself. The session was hosted by Miss. Pooja Kashid, HR operation consultant at MNC-All Script,with SHRM-CP Certification.She has completed her MSc Human Resources Management from the University of Southampton (UK).
Ms Kashid guided the students on the topic S.P.O.T Yourself, and on topics suchas appearance, communication, gravitas and public speaking.Students enthusiastically look forward to the next session of this training for furthercorporate learning and grooming.
Placement Cell - Soft Skills Session, 31st July 2019
The Placement Cell organised a soft skills session in the sanctuary on 31st July 2019 at 12.00 pm for all final year students. The resource person was Prof.SubramanyamDegala from ISB&M, Nande who started his career in the Heavy Engineering Public Sector. Prof.SubhramanyamDegala alumnus of Andhra University, Delhi School of Social Work with an MBA in Marketing and number of courses from IIM Ahmadabad, IIM Calcutta and Administrative staff college of Hyderabad, is a highly experienced resource person. The session included an in-depth talk on Group Discussion, Personal Interview and their objectives, and Women Empowerment.
MaTPO aptitude Idol - 2019
As an initiative of the training and placement cell for soft skills, "MaTPO aptitude Idol-2019 ", an aptitude test for all TY students was conducted on 22nd July 2019. It was organized by the Maharashtra Association of TPOs. The test gave the students a brief idea of how aptitude tests are conducted for placements in a company. The test duration was of 60 minutes with different sections on English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Analytical reasoning. Students of TY B.Sc.(CS) and BBA (CA) enthusiastically participated in this aptitude test.
Placement Cell - Orientation Programme 2019-20
The placement cell of St. Mira’s College organized an orientation program on Wednesday 24th July 2019 from 10:45 am to 11:15 am in the AV room for all TY and PG students to make them aware of the placement cell activities and to introduce the current student placement representative from each department for the annual year 2019-20.
As the outcome of the program, the students were familiarised with the student placement coordinator from their respective departments, and their role in placement drives. They also got an idea of the various companies and jobs they can apply for. The Placement Cell oriented students about the various internship opportunities available on online platforms.
Alumni of the College
Corporate Social Responsibility
Service Industry approaches
Industry HR Communication
Performance of Previous selected students in the company
Advertisements in the News Paper
KPMG Placement Drive 2019-20
KPMG, India, one of the leading providers of services in finance, business advisory, internal audit and corporate governance conducted a Campus Placement drive for the job of #Analyst : Risk Consulting # Forensic: Pre-Employment Background Checks, (PEBC) on the 7th December 2019. The Drive was headed by Associate Director - Forensic - Mr. Anuj Singh.
30 students from three streams participated in the drive. Seven students were selected - 05 from B.Com, 02 from BA and 01 from BBA.
Placement Drive - GoMo Group
Placement Cell of St. Mira's College for Girls organized placement drive by GoMo Group for all third-year students on 4th September 2019. The drive was conducted for Business Analyst, HR and SEO positions. The drive was facilitated by Ms. Ankita, Ms. Swati and Ms. Pooja. Around 55 students were present for the drive. The screening procedure included a telephonic round and personal interview. The shortlisted students would require being present at the GoMo group office for further rounds.
From Wipro global campus head – Rajeev Sing Kumar
“It was a very good experience for me and my team that visited St. Mira’s College. The students who appeared for our placement drive were very well prepared And the number of selects from your college was higher than the average number of selects that we do in a college in the country. They have good communication skills and attitude to learn new things which is most important for the IT Industry. The senior management at St. Mira’s College is extremely committed to Industry – Academia partnership and they provided all the support for identifying best talent for Wipro. Overall a forward looking Institution. Wishing all the best for new horizons for St. Mira’s College for Girls.”
Mamta Chaudhary - B.SC.(CS) - 2016
Student Placement Year wise
Mamta Chaudhary - B.SC.(CS) - 2016
Please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org