Poshan Maah -1st Sept to 30th September 2022
The Department of NSS celebrated Poshan Maah 2022 from the 1st of Sept to the 30th of Sept 2022. The theme for this year was ‘Mahila Aur Swasthya’ and ‘Bacha Aur Shiksha’. In this connection several activities were organized to spread awareness about the importance and focus on the health of women and children and to promote a healthy diet.
Following activities were conducted under “Poshan Maah”.
1. Yoga session - The Department had organized a yoga session connected with Poshan Maahon 7th Sept 2022. The students took part in a Yoga session held by Prof. Ekta Jadhav. The students did some yoga Asanas which helped their physical and mental health for improving immunity and increasing stamina and good health. This is also marked as the start of the celebration of Poshan Maah. A total of 51 students participated in this activity.
2. Quiz - Students took part in the Quiz put out by the government of India to check their knowledge about the nutritional properties of the millets and legumes which we consume in our day-to-day life. Students received E-Certificates which were issued by the Government. A total of 25 students participated in this quiz.
3. Awareness program through Notice Boards - Various posters were displayed on the college notice boards and awareness about healthy and balanced diet was spread throughthe college campus.
4. Pledge taken by the students for eating a balanced diet - The students took a Pledge on the 14th of September in the Sanctuary. The students took the Pledge put out by the Government of India. They took an oath to eat healthy food and have a healthy lifestyle to make India a Malnutrition free society and to look after making this country a much healthier country. All the students present in the sanctuary took the pledge.
5. Spreading awareness on social media platforms through Posters - Students used various Posters to promote a healthy and balanced diet, hygiene, water, sanitation, anemia, and adolescent EDs (eating disorders).They uploaded the posters on their social media accounts and recorded the number of views they got from all their social media platforms. A total of 26 students participated in this activity and they reached almost 4000 people through social media platforms.
6. Guest Lecture - A Guest Lecture was held for the students on the 21st of September 2022 at 12 noon in the AV room. The speaker for this event was Dr. Geeta Parwani MD (HOM), BHMS who spoke to students about the Importance of a Balanced Diet and a Healthy Lifestyle. Students got to know about blood vessels disease which students were completely unaware about and on how to prevent diabetes.Over 80 students attended this lecture.
7. Rainbow Thali - Was Conducted on the 27th of September. In a session where the students Ananya, Ashleen, Priyanka, Ojaswini, and Gracey shared healthy and nutritious recipes, the process of making those recipes, its nutritious values and how it helps our body. Students were also shown a YouTube videos healthy recipes like rice chilla. All together 28 students attended this activity.
8. Zumba Session - Students took part in a Zumba Session. This was also led by Prof. Ekta Jadhav. Students had an interactive session while burning calories and completing their daily routine of workout. A total of45 students participated in this session.
The NSS student coordinators were Ananya, Lalita and Gracey.